Friday, October 17, 2008

Initial Post

Well...I was supposed to have created this about five weeks ago, but here we are.

Current Status of the Tanks:
Sound: Background music, victory music (played after victory is implemented)
GUI: Mostly completed, need to worry about explosions registering properly.
Mesh: Hah. Haha. HAHAHAHAHA. OLPCgames does have a mesh wrapper, so I may be able to use that if I can get my hands on some hardware (once everything else is done, that is).
Gameplay: Should probably add the capability for numeric angle/power entry.
Shots: Fired, explosions work when the shot moves at all.
AI: Nonexistent at this time.

Professor Moorthy raised the issue that Pygame may not be bundled with the XO, though it was on my virtual machine. The OLPCGames wrapper is not, so I've bundled it with the application.

Subversion Repository: http://code.google.com/p/olpctanks

No comments: